Samburu Kenya, buffalo springs, Shaba
Samburu, Buffalo Springs and Shaba are located in the aride wildness where the waters of Ewaso Nyiro attract a profusion of game. The area is so remote and inaccessible among the most popular reserves that are located in the Northern Kenya along the banks of the Ewaso Ngiro River.
The Shaba, one of the less visited parks, has the largest total extension of 239 km². Samburu and Buffalo Springs are similar in surface, later having 165 km² and 128 km² the second. The area is traditionally inhabited by the Samburu people, nomadic paranilotic tribe that is closely related to the Maasai people.
Species: Samburu hosting some rare species of habitat which cannot be found elsewhere in Kenya parks, among them are long necked gerenuk, Grevy’s zebra, reticulated giraffe and Beisa Oryx. Leopard is a frequent passer-by. There are also elephants, crocodiles, and gazelles that one can find.
Activities : The bulk of wildlife gathers around the banks of the rivers Ewaso that form the wet land and brings the Aberdare waters, a visit here will enable one interact with the tribes and game drives can also be arranged.
- 6Nights/7 days: Kenya Wildlife safari highlights
- 5Nights/6 days: Kenya Vacation Interlude
- 4Nights/5days: Kenyan Landscape Safari
- 3Nights/4days: Lake Nakuru Safari & Masai Mara Escape
- 3Nights/4days: Kenya holiday, Great Rift & Mara Escapade
- 2Nights/3days: Amboseli Safari Kenya
- 2Nights/3days: Masai Mara Safari Kenya