Uganda gets medals at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics games
Uganda at the Tokyo 2020 – After a number attempts by some of the representatives of Uganda participants in Tokyo 2020 Olympics games team, Uganda obtains their first medals in Bronze, Silver and Gold. The Attempts by the women to get medals failed when both Nakaayi and Nanyondo enduring failures on Saturday 01st August, 2021 could not reach to the female 800m final of the games.
After failed attempts
None them could console the other
enough after both failed to progress past the 800 meters semi-final Heats to
the two-lap final, Nakaayi, in particular, arrived in Tokyo as the reigning
world champion and had even broken her own national record to 1:58.03 in Monaco
early last month. However the 26-year – old, “Halimah was a big
disappointment,” her coach Addy Ruiter painfully described her performance
where she came eighth in a time of 2:44sec.
Uganda gets Silver and Bronz medals
On July 30, Cheptegei bagged silver in 27:43.63 with teammate Jacob Kiplimo winning bronze in 27:43.88, both the first medals for team Uganda at the Covid-19 pandemic delayed Tokyo Olympics where the Ugandan athletes fell behind Ethiopian distance runner Selemon Barega’s 27:43.22 finishe.
A Gold medal for Uganda
However, on Wednesday 04th August, 2021, Uganda’s Peruth Chemutai 22years outstripped the field to win the women’s Olympic 3000m steeplechase gold medal in 9min 01.45sec at the Olympic Stadium overcoming American Courtney Frerichs with 250 meter’s to win comfortably, Frerichs claimed silver in 9:04.79 with Kenyan Hyvin Kiyeng taking bronze (9:05.39).
Representations and Covid 19 Challenge
A number of countries present in the 68,000-capacity stadium have bagged medals with China leading with 32 Gold medals in different field events, followed by the United States with 25 Gold medals, Japan the host comes in third position with 21 gold medals.
Despite the challenges of the spread of Covid 19, has brought lots of infection and death around the world, when most of the countries imposed lockdowns to avoid its spread, United States of American in the North leads the log with 619,980 deaths followed by Brazil in South America at 516,119, India in Asia at 398,484, Mexico in the South of America at 232,803 deaths among other nations in the world, the games are going on smoothly and the organizers are happy about games.
The Olympics games that were meant for 2020 was cancel and brought forward to 2021, the games are always featured with traditionally colorful the parade of nations and the lighting of the Olympic cauldron.
OTHER COVID 19 UPDATES
- PreviousUganda ranked high among other countries managing COVID-19
- Uganda re-lockdown to reverse back covid 19 cases surge 2021
- Uganda safari – Coronavirus-covid-PCR testing information
- covid 19 uganda safari
- Entebbe International Airport opens for International Flights
Top Uganda Wildlife safari packages
- 3 Days Lake Mburo National Park Safari
- 3 Days 2 Nights Murchison Falls
- 3 Days Uganda Safari to Queen Elizabeth National Park
- 3 Days Kibale Forest National Park Safari
- 4 Days Uganda Wildlife & Gorilla Safari to Lake Mburo & Bwindi Forest National Park
- 5 Days Bwindi and Queen Elizabeth National Park Safari
- 5 Days Uganda safari to Lake Mburo & Queen Elizabeth Np
- 6 Days Chimpanzees & Gorillas trekking safari in Uganda
- 7 Days Kenya Wildlife Safari
- 7 Days Uganda Primates Trekking safari
- 10 Days Uganda Safari
- 10 Days Honeymoon Safari Uganda
- 12 Days Uganda Safari to the Best Uganda National Parks
- 15 Days Uganda Tour
- 21 Days Long Safari
- 24 Days Grand Uganda Tour